I made this calculator is to assist you with making passepartouts for all kind of images (paintings, photo's
etc.) It is a good thing to have a digital version of the image you want to
- At start you define framesize and imagesize in mm's.
- The image will symmetrically be placed in / on the frame.
- If you want to place the image on top of the passepartout, keep the marge for glue
- If you want to mount the image at the backside you
must define a glue-margin from 2 to 10 mm. (synchron on alle sides).
- All information is "live"presented..
- if the frame does not fit on your screen you can reduce or enlarge the
Additional you can:
- "Move" the image over the passepartout, for better symmetry or
- If you have a digital copy of the image, you can load this in stead of the
- Change the color of the passepartout.
- Mix your "own" color if you do not find the color you want.
When the result is what you want, make a screenprint and go on!
2. Defaults and limits:
||600 x 500 mm
||> 100 mm
||400 x 300 mm
||!! image smaller as frame
||0-10 mm around
||1 - 20 mm
||rgb values of beige
||any value between 0 and 255 for r,g,b.
||load own image
3. How to come to a good
- define framesize (width en height in mm's) (input fields)
- define imagesize (width en height in mm's) (input fields)
- define gluemargin (mm) (select)
- Klick OK
- The input is checked (example: framesize > imagesize, framesize >
- If OK, the frame is created and a summary is presented.
- If not, you get info about that, correct the input and try again.
By default, the image is placed symmetrical. If you are not pleased with the place of the image on/in the frame you can move
the image over the passepartout, up, down, left and right. (You can select the stepsize: 1,2,5,10,20mm)
Next: the image.
By default there is an "neutral" image, but you can also load an image from your local computer, (for instance a digital version of the
image you want to frame).
- Click on the searchbutton at Image select
- You can select any image from your computer (jpg, gif, png),
- Confirm your choice bij pushing that button.
- The selected image is placed.
- You can recall the default image by clicking "def".
- (*) fakepath remark or other troubles: see end of page!
Color of the passepartout.
There is a collection colors, based on real passepartout-paper. (The first 35 colors ). Just
click a color to select.
If you are not satisfied with one of the available colors, you can try to make a
- select the most nearby color you want and klick.
- In the mixer you can now finetune that color, by changing the red, green and
blue values in steps of 1,2,4,8,16,32 pixels.
- The new color is showed in the mixer,
- If you want this color, cklick the set button and the passepartout
has your color.
4. Screen presentation.
Each frame will be scaled, depending on your screensize in pixels,
and the orientation (landscape or portait) of the frame.
You can make a better fit by clicking the + or- icons.
(*) Problems with loading an local imagefile.
Different browser have different "ideas" about security-settings. I
know that an image will be loaded if:
- I use Explorer, with the website defined as trusted.
- Or, as a local page, with the permision for using local files.
If not allowed, you get "Fakepath" in the resultfield.
Look for the settings of the browser you use!